2020 Fairbanks Regional Conference
Therapeutic work and successful outcomes is often difficult with clients with Complex PTSD and dissociative disorders, and cultural differences and rural Alaskan/American issues can further complicate the treatment picture. During the first two days of the conference, Dr. Colin Ross, MD attempts to delineate and clarify considerations in diagnosing and properly treating indigenous peoples in a trauma-informed way so that clinicians can begin to see and treat the root causes for disturbances clients experience rather than becoming overwhelmed by the myriad of symptoms clients with which present. On the third day, Dr. Lynette Danylchuk, PhD discusses challenges that both client and treating clinicians face in working together and tools to use in addressing them; and she will speak about how providers can continue to be present in this challenging treatment through mindful self-care. The final day will be spent learning about the neurobiological underpinnings of both attachment wounds and mindfulness, and how using mindfulness in therapy is an imperative tool for clients to master with Christine Forner.
- 21.50 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 15.50 ASWB ACEThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), #1744, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ISSTD maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 08/20/2021 – 08/20/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 15.50 continuing education credits.
- 21.50 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 21.50 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.
"Your Price" above reflects your price based on your membership status. In the checkout process you will be asked to specify your career level and may be eligible for further discounts based on your selection.
- ISSTD defines a student as those enrolled in a program of study leading to a degree or certification in the mental health field and who have an interest in trauma and dissociation.
- ISSTD defines an emerging professional as mental health professionals who have completed an advanced degree and are in the first three years of their career (or first three years after graduation for researchers).
- If you do not fall into one of the above categories please register as Professional/Retired.
These prices are for Tier I countries. For a list of countries by Tier click here. If you are located in a country that falls into Tier II-VI please contact ISSTD at email@example.com to receive the appropriate discount code.