Beyond the Basics of EMDR: Applications in Working with Dissociation in Different Populations
Please join the ISSTD's Center for Advanced Studies in Trauma and Dissociation on Friday June 24, 2022 for an all-day EMDR virtual webinar series, Beyond the Basics of EMDR: Applications in Working with Dissociation in Different Populations. Participants will have the opportunity to attend four 90-minute webinars presented by Elizabeth Davis, Natalia Seijo, Susan Darker-Smith, and D. Michael Coy, a collective of international EMDR Consultants and Trainers. To provide a rich array of EMDR based topics, this all-day webinar series will provide participants with the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the use of cognitive interweaves, using EMDR therapy with autistic individuals and individuals struggling with an eating disorder, and the integration of Ego State Therapy into EMDR Therapy to treat dissociation.
Potential to Distress
This presentation was originally presented as a live webinar in June 2022.
Please see individual sessions for objectives.
Using Interweaves to Support EMDR Success with Complex Clients
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM ET
- Elizabeth Davis
- 15 minutes - 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM ET
EMDR, Dissociation and the Rejected Self
- 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM ET
- Natalia Seijo
- 1 hour - 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM ET
- The EMDR Autism Protocol: Tolerating the Intolerable
- Susan Darker-Smith
- 2:15 PM - 3:45 PM ET
- Susan Darker-Smith
- 15 minutes - 3:45 PM - 4:00 PM ET
- Discovering the Unthought Known: Considerations for Integrating Ego State Therapy and EMDR to Treat Dissociation
- D. Michael Coy
- 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM ET
- D. Michael Coy
Please see individual sessions for faculty name and bio.
- 6.00 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 6.00 ASWB ACEThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), #1744, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ISSTD maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 08/20/2021 – 08/20/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 6.00 continuing education credits.
- 6.00 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 6.00 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.
"Your Price" above reflects your final price based on your membership status and career level.
- ISSTD defines a student as those enrolled in a program of study leading to a degree or certification in the mental health field and who have an interest in trauma and dissociation.
- ISSTD defines an emerging professional as mental health professionals who have completed an advanced degree and are in the first three years of their career (or first three years after graduation for researchers).
- If you do not fall into one of the above categories please register as Professional/Retired.
These prices are for Tier I countries. For a list of countries by Tier click here. If you are located in a country that falls into Tier II-VI please contact ISSTD at email@example.com to receive the appropriate discount code.
Cancellations prior to the webinar are subject to a $10 cancellation fee. No refunds are provided for no shows. The deadline for cancellations with a refund is Monday, June 20, 2022 at 5:00pm US Eastern Time. Requests for cancellation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional webinar policies including completion requirements, filing grievances, requesting a disability accommodation, and awarding of certificates of credits, please visit our Webinar Policies page.