Session Eight - Learning to Modulate Dissociation and Resolving Trauma
Session Eight – Content Level: Advanced
Master Topic: Learning to Modulate Dissociation and Resolving Trauma
This session focus on identifying complex dissociation and resolving trauma.
1. Define strategies for modulating/extinguishing dissociative reactions.
2. Summarize ways in which to resolve trauma.
3. Prepare and present case reports and process therapeutic options.
- Gold, S. (2020) Contextual Trauma Therapy: Overcoming Traumatization and Reaching Full Potential. APA, Washington, DC. Chapters 9-13 (pp. 183-284) & Epilogue.
- Sherry Hamby, Elizabeth Taylor, Kimberly Mitchell, Lisa Jones & Chris Newlin (2020) Poly-victimization, Trauma, and Resilience: Exploring Strengths That Promote Thriving After Adversity, Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 21:3, 376- 395, DOI: 10.1080/15299732.2020.1719261
1 hour: Book Chapter(s)
15 minutes: Journal Article
45 minutes: Case presentations
- 2.00 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.