Session Eight - Treating Dissociative Identity Disorder, Integrating Theory with Clinical Work (Part 3) Future directions in trauma and dissociation
January 9, 2024
Session Eight – Content Level: Intermediate
Treating Dissociative Identity Disorder
Integrating theory with clinical work (Part 3)
Future directions in trauma and dissociation
- Chu, JA (2011) Rebuilding Shattered Live: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders, 2nd edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley and Sons, pp. 207-227 (Chapter 12)
- Chu, JA (2011) Rebuilding Shattered Live: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders, 2nd edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley and Sons, pp. 255-272 (Chapter 15)
- The case of Harold, Part 3
45 minutes: Discussion of Reading 1 – some special issues in working with DID
45 minutes: Discussion of Reading 2 – dealing with controversies in treatment of DID clients/patients and future directions of treatment of DID
90 minutes: Discussion of the Case of Harold, Part 3
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Outline some of the special features of treating DID patients
- Identify some of the controversies and future direction in the treatment of dissociative disorder patients.
- Apply theory from previous sessions to the cases of Harold
- 2.50 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 2.50 ASWB ACEThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), #1744, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ISSTD maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 08/20/2021 – 08/20/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 2.50 continuing education credits.
- 2.50 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 2.50 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.