Session Five - Beginning Therapy and its Vicissitudes
Session Five – Content Level: Intermediate
Beginning therapy and its vicissitudes
- Define phase-oriented treatment of complex trauma and dissociative disorders
- Discuss the rationale for phase-oriented treatment of dissociative disorders
- Outline the issues in developing self-care in patients with dissociative disorders
- Chu, JA (2011) Rebuilding Shattered Live: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders, 2nd edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley and Sons, pp. 109-128 (Chapter 6).
- Howell, EF (2011) Understanding and treating Dissociative Identity Disorder. NY: NY Routledge, pp. 167-185 (Chapter 9)
- Chu, JA (2011) Rebuilding Shattered Live: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders, 2nd edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley and Sons, pp. 129-146. (chapter 7)
30 minutes: Discussion of Readings A and B – defining phase oriented treatment of dissociative disorders
60 minutes: Discussion of Readings A and B - rationales for phase oriented treatment of complex trauma and dissociative disorders
60 minutes: Discussion of Readings C – developing self-care in clients/patients
- 2.50 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 2.50 ASWB ACEThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), #1744, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ISSTD maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 08/20/2021 – 08/20/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 2.50 continuing education credits.
- 2.50 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 2.50 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.