Session Six - Beginning Therapy and its Vicissitudes (continued), Integrating Theory into Clinical Work (Part 2)
June 29, 2023
Session Six – Content Level: Intermediate
Beginning therapy and its vicissitudes (continued)
Integrating theory into clinical work (Part 2)
- Brand, B (2001) Establishing Safety with Patients with Dissociative Identity Disorder, Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 2:4, 133-155.
- Chu, JA (2011) Rebuilding Shattered Live: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders, 2nd edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley and Sons, pp. 147-159 (Chapter 8)
- Brand, B (2001) Establishing Safety with Patients with Dissociative Identity Disorder, Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 2:4, 133-155
- The case of Harold, Part 2
30 minutes: Discussion of Reading 1 – establishing safety
30 minutes: Discussion of Readings 2 - containment
90 minutes: Discussion of the Case of Harold, Part 2 – stage one stabilization
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the role of safety in the first stage of treatment in patients with dissociative disorders
- Describe the need for and use of containment in treating dissociative disorder patients
- Apply theory from previous sessions to the cases of Harold
- 2.50 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 2.50 ASWB ACEThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), #1744, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ISSTD maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 08/20/2021 – 08/20/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 2.50 continuing education credits.
- 2.50 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 2.50 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.