Session Ten - Dissociation, trauma and disorganized attachment
February 16, 2023
Session Ten – Content Level: Intermediate
Dissociation, trauma and disorganized attachment
- Discuss the role of trauma in the etiology of dissociative disorders
- Discuss attachment theory and the role of disorganized attachment in the etiology of dissociative disorders
- Apply theory to case material provided by the students and instructor
- Howell, EF (2011) Understanding and treating Dissociative Identity Disorder: A Relational Approach. NY: NY Routledge, Chapter 4, pp. 73-84.
- Howell, EF (2011 Understanding and treating Dissociative Identity Disorder: A Relational Approach, NY: NY Routledge, Chapter 5, pp. 85-108.
45 minutes: Discussion of Reading 1 – complex trauma in dissociative disorders
45 minutes: Discussion of Reading 2 - attachment theory and disorganized attachment in dissociative disorders
60 minutes: Discussion of application of theories in 1 and 2 to disguised case material from students
- 2.50 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 2.50 ASWB ACEThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), #1744, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ISSTD maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 08/20/2021 – 08/20/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 2.50 continuing education credits.
- 2.50 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 2.50 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.