Session Three - The Closed System as the Therapist Becomes Real
Session Three – Content Level: Advanced
Master Topic: The Closed System as the Therapist Becomes Real
This session will focus on structural models and how the traumatized dissociative self can enter the process of healing.
1. Identify the common structural models of the dissociated psyche.
2. Discuss new research and ways of thinking about the dissociative self and the process of healing.
3. Prepare and present case reports and process therapeutic interventions.
- Howell, E. (2020) Trauma and Dissociation Informed Psychotherapy: Relational Healing and the Therapeutic Connection. W.W. Norton & Company, New York, NY. Chapters 8-10 & Endnotes (pp. 135-188).
- Rachel Atchley & Carter Bedford (2021) Dissociative Symptoms In Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Systematic Review, Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 22:1, 69-88, DOI: 10.1080/15299732.2020.1760410
1 hour: Discuss Chapters 8-10 and endnotes in Trauma and Dissociation Informed Psychotherapy
15 minutes: Discussion of “Dissociative Symptoms In Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Systematic Review”
45 minutes: Case presentations
- 2.00 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.