Session Twelve - Self (ego) states: A hallmark of DID
September 28, 2023
Session Twelve: Self (ego) states: A hallmark of DID
Content Level: Intermediate and advanced
Self (ego) states: A hallmark of DID
- Howell, EF (2011) Understanding and treating Dissociative Identity Disorder: A Relational Approach, NY: NY Routledge, Chapter 7, pp. 133-144.
- Chefetz, RA (2015) Intensive Psychotherapy for Persistent Dissociative Processes: The Fear of Feeling Real. NY, NY: Norton, Chapter 3, pp. 57-95.
45 minutes: Discussion of Readings 1 – self (ego-states) through the psychodynamic theories of mind
45 minutes: Discussion of Readings 2 - ego states in dissociative disorders
60 minutes: Discussion of application of theory to disguised disguised case material from students
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and distinguish self- self (ego)-states (parts) as they occur in dissociative disorders
- Discuss self (ego)-states (parts) from psychodynamic theories of mind
- Apply theory to case material provided by the students and instructor
- 2.50 APAThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 2.50 ASWB ACEThe International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), #1744, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ISSTD maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 08/20/2021 – 08/20/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 2.50 continuing education credits.
- 2.50 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 2.50 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.