Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY): An Embodied Intervention for Complex Trauma
The presentation provides an overview of Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) - an evidence-based, adjunctive treatment for complex, developmental trauma or treatment-resistant PTSD. Specifically, it will focus on the effectiveness of TCTSY as a treatment intervention for survivors of sexual violence.
Potential to Distress: No
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify why integrating embodiment practices into treatment may be helpful for clients with complex trauma histories
- Name the theoretical underpinnings of TCTSY
- Describe the TCTSY themes: (1) present moment experience, (2) invitational language and choice-making, (3) taking effective action, and (4) rhythm and shared authentic experience
- Compare the research evidence to date that has investigated the effectiveness of yoga for trauma and trauma-related disorders
Presenter: Bridget McNamara
Presenter Bio: Bridget McNamara is a registered psychologist, yoga and meditation facilitator. She is a doctoral candidate with the School of Psychology at Massey University.
- 1.50 ISSTD Certificate ProgramThis program is eligible for 1.50 credits in the ISSTD Certificate Program.